Are you one of the millions of Americans who have hearing loss but haven’t done anything about it? Many individuals wait, on average, seven years before making an appointment to get fitted for a pair of hearing aids. While a busy life is one excuse for putting it off, many people procrastinate on purchasing a pair of hearing aids because they don’t like how they feel or appear.
It’s common knowledge that our culture perceives hearing loss and hearing aids as signs of aging or weakness. While age-related hearing loss is common, people of all ages are reporting signs and symptoms of hearing loss, especially noise-induced hearing loss. Nevertheless, hearing aid manufacturers have responded in kind to those consumers nervous or uncertain about wearing a bulky or visible hearing aid.
What are invisible hearing aids?
Invisible hearing aids are so small that they cannot be seen by observers. Invisible hearing aids are inserted deeper into the ear canal than other hearing aids. Like other devices, they are custom-made and fitted to your ear canal shape. Also known as invisible-in-canal hearing aids, these devices are suitable for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss, are available in many colours, are easy to use and comfortable to wear. Invisible hearing aids are so comfortable in fact, that those using them can wear them 24-hours a day, for months on end.
What are the benefits of IIC hearing aids?
Invisible hearing aids can be a game changer for those who are worried about hearing aid cosmetics. Some of the top benefits of invisible hearing aids include:
- Invisibility: Of course, being nearly invisible to the eye is a major benefit of IIC devices. Because the devices so sit deep inside the ear canal, they are well hidden and barely detectable by observers.
- High sound quality: The small size of invisible hearing aids doesn’t mean the sound quality is compromised. On the contrary, because they sit so far down inside the ear canal, noise is reported to sound more natural than with other hearing aids that require wires or tubes.
- Natural feel: Along with more natural sound, many people report that invisible hearing aids also have a natural fit and feel.
- High efficiency: The small, but powerful battery, combined with the highly advanced technology that makes the devices work makes for a highly efficient hearing aid.
Are invisible hearing aids right for me?
Invisible hearing aids provide myriad benefits for those suffering from hearing loss. Unfortunately, invisible hearing aids aren’t for everyone. Some disadvantages of invisible hearing aids include:
- Shorter battery life
- Unable to fit every ear canal
- Unsuitable for severe hearing loss
If you require a hearing aid that has a longer lasting battery or if you have severe hearing loss, invisible hearing aids will likely not be your choice. Thankfully, manufacturers have created many styles of hearing aids for all types and degrees of hearing loss. If you’re interested in invisible hearing aids, contact Beck Hearing Aid Centre today.