Hearing Health and Your Patient
Hearing loss is the third most common chronic condition in older adults and the most widespread disability (StatsCan 2013). Beyond the obvious, there are several negative effects of poor hearing health on a patient’s quality of life, including:
- Stress, loneliness, depression, and withdrawal from social contact
- Accelerated cognitive decline and dementia (John Hopkins, 2011)
Almost half (46%) of people aged 45-87 have some degree of hearing loss (StatsCan 2013), and 70% of people who suffer from tinnitus also have hearing loss. Over 90% of these people would benefit from the use of a hearing aid.
Why Beck Hearing Aid Centre?
At Beck, we take hearing health seriously. Our patients are given time and attention at each visit, and never pressured into a purchase. You can rest assured that your patients will be treated in a respectful, caring and ethical manner. We are locally owned and operated, and are an active community partner, proud to be serving London for 50 years.
Here are some of our guarantees to you, as the referring physician:
- we can see your referred patient for a free, no-obligation hearing evaluation within a week
- we will promptly communicate the hearing evaluation results to you with a thorough report, including treatment options and suggested next steps
- every patient is seen by a highly qualified, certified Hearing Instrument Specialist
- your patient will be tested and fitted with state-of-the-art assessment and fitting technology
- our downtown office is fully accessible, is on the London city bus route, and offers free parking
- we offer a 30-day trial period during which patients may return or exchange their hearing aids
- we offer flexible financing options for patients with budgetary concerns
- we offer a 3-year warranty for repairs, and a 2-year warranty for loss or damage on all hearing aids
- we offer 1-year free batteries with qualifying purchase
- we are happy to perform free clean and checks throughout the life of the hearing aid
- we offer tinnitus counseling and sound therapy options for patients with tinnitus
- we offer in-office cerumen removal using the latest equipment and techniques
Serving You and Your Patients – And Accepting Their Insurance Plans!
Beck Hearing Aid Centre is an accredited member of Ontario’s Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners (AHIP) and is registered with the Ministry of Health’s Assistive Devices Program (ADP).
We also service private and corporate insurance plans, Green Shield, ODSP, DVA, OW and WSIB.
For More Information
Please call us at 519-438-0492 for more information, or CLICK HERE to submit a request.
We would love to send one of our hearing healthcare professionals to visit you at your office, or welcome you to our clinic for a personalized tour. You can sit in on a hearing assessment, or have a free evaluation for yourself.
We welcome referrals of adults and seniors of all abilities, but regret that we cannot fit hearing aids for children.
Click here to download Beck Hearing Aid Centre referral pad.